We had a lovely weekend - we went to stay with Malc's sister and her family as we hadn't seen them since the summer.Before we left we took all the Christmas decorations down which made the place look so bare again.
Our journey started off uneventful - we did the normal route which takes around an hour and had the usual land marks - like the garage that about 5 years ago malc took a car too and didn't like the mechanic who was rude and unhelpful.
Every time we pass the garage the kids now have to " Cock a snook" at the rude man. A " Cock a snook" is when you raise your hand/ thumb up to your nose, wiggle your fingers and stick your tongue out in a very impolite fashion.( I'm not sure where it originates from or even why - but it is now a family tradition)
The kids are that well trained now that every time we pass the place Georgie shouts out , " Don't forget to cock a snook everybody !" She's been doing it for years.
Several of the laybys on the way have several memories - usually most places where we have had to stop because one of the kids has been sick.
We were just commenting on how good the kids had been when the next minute Georgie was sick on the M10 - luckily into the "sick bucket" always carried in the back of the car. Another layby later we managed to sort her out with not too much fuss and she was ok. I however was then left with a box full of nasty tissues and no rubbish bin in sight. In fact we had to travel a further 13 miles into a village to get rid of the rubbish - no wonder people dump stuff !
Thank fully Georgie made a full recovery ( I had been worried that "Spit woman " had given us a lethal bug! - -see a previous post to explain all).
We had been invited to stay overnight and to save causing any inconvenience to our hosts we brought our own sleeping bags and pillows. Malc and I were sleeping on a
sofa bed which was probably about 2 feet in length too short for his long legs so he gave us both a disturbed night. One minute he was kicking his legs up and down and then got too hot so undid the zip on his sleeping bag noisily, then he got up for the loo and then his feet were cold , then his neck ached, then he zipped his sleeping bag back up again!! At around 4 am I was starting to get rather miffed as every time I was just about to drop off he started.
At one point I looked up and in the dim light I saw what I thought was an enormous maggot, all 6ft 4 " in length. I forgot where I was for a moment and then realised it was Malc who had the hood of the sleeping bag around his head so all you could see part of his face!
Despite having had a lovely time I was quite glad to get home.
The kids go back to school tomorrow and for them Christmas is finally over and the work begins again. Sam will have his SATS this year and we get to find out which secondary school he has been allocated some time in march.
Tomorrow night we are all going to London to watch Mary Poppins at the theatre which I am looking forward to - however we won't get back until late and with work and school the next day I imagine we will all be very tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I hope you have a good time at Mary Poppins!!
Work was awful, I need to win the lottery.
Think we'll have into production of our game idea or on the game !!
Post a Comment