Monday, 2 February 2009

Winter Wonderland !

My day started this morning at 0500 this morning when Malc started to scrape the snow from the car ready to go to work.

I felt like a child again , the excitement of seeing loads of snow when I didn't have to go to work . Then I felt the concern of hoping that he would actually get to work ok.

Sam & Georgie woke up at 0700 as normal and I couldn't wait to tell them that it had been snowing! They were really excited and there were whoops of joy as they both stared out of the window with delight.

After breakfast I thought that I had better have a look at the schools web site - we had been forewarned that in inclement weather the schools may be closed as the teachers would not be able to get in.

I had heard on the main news and weather that lots of schools had been closed and upon checking Sam & Georgina's schools were also closed.

By 0800 We were all outside and had built two snow men and a snow cat (!) and had had several snowball fights.

I couldn't believe how thick the snow was - I can't remember it being that heavy for years and certainly the children had never seen it like that.

I took a few photos of the morning.










After lunch Malc had come home early from work - so we all went sledging !! We had a brilliant time screaming down the hills - it was great fun.


Having just looked at the school web site again the schools are closed again for tomorrow and I am off work until Wednesday !!

Whoopeeee !!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that by the weekend we will be sick of it but for now it's nice to enjoy it whilst we can.

3 comments:

Lyzzydee said...

Brilliant, we have had a great day as well Its still snowing here and its freezing. So I am hopeful it will last a bit!! Both kids are off school tomorrow as well, so I'll see if I will make th ejourney in the morning. Loving it!!!

Linda McLaughlin said...

Oh, what fun. The kids must have loved it. Enjoy it while you can. I understand the Londoners aren't so happy about it all.

Barbara Martin said...

When I lived in London for the winters of 99 and 00 there was no snow, only small wet flakes that melted when hitting the pavement. I heard what happened there recently. Wow. It would be a shock after not having any before.

Great snowmen there, and angels, oh my.