Thursday, 25 June 2009

Only 6 months until Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!

Well another couple of months down !

I haven't been on my Blog , I haven't even been on face book and even my e-mails have been neglected just lately - so what have I been doing ???

I really wish I could tell you as I'm not sure myself !

Thank you Lyzzy for trying to stir me into action by leaving me a variety of messages !

I looked at the calendar today and weirdly thought exactly 6 months today we'll all be eating Christmas dinner - how weird is that. Another year almost gone.

It's also Malc's " Very merry Un- birthday today" - a weird tradition every month in our family celebrated on the date of our real birthday and not the actual month - means you get 11 Un birthdays and 1 real one !! We don't do presents on those days - you just get reminded of how old you are.

I've had a strange day today - nothing new there then -started off being nearly run off the pavement by a 5 year old child out of control on a pedal bike - followed by being served in sainsbury's by a "Bag licker" - one of my Pet hates. I then popped round to see one of my friends who had stuck a garden fork through the top of her foot and walked her " Lassie cloned" dog - which was very enjoyable.

It has been years since I walked a dog and I had forgotten what it was like - I was however quite pleased that the dog did not facilitate the need to use the pooper scooper and the very thin doggy poo bags.

It was my Mum's 65th birthday a couple of days ago and because of work we will be celebrating properly tomorrow with a Chinese meal which will be nice.

Malc as usual has been his normal self. At work we were all issued with an e mail detailing how we should all be using only a maximum of two pumps from a soap dispenser when washing hands in order to save money !!

Malc has responded by forwarding illustrated instructions on how to wipe your derriere using one piece of toilet paper and is considering entering it into the staff suggestion scheme as a cost cutting measure !!!

Since I last blogged we have had frequent hospital visits, been on holiday to Dorset, painted the hall ( I say " We" when I mean Me)survived a visit by my nephews ( only one broken photo frame !)been successful in pantomime auditions ( the kids), got the part of Oliver ( Sam )helped out on school trips, nursed a hedgehog and have been harrassed by " Bonker" the blackbird bashing our windows from 0500 hours every day ( he did the same thing last year !).

I will try again to do a bit more blogging but won't promise just yet !

Looking forward to catching up on everyone's news though.

3 comments:

Lyzzydee said...

We need to refer to him as 'two pumps Brown' from now on!!!!

Barbara Martin said...

I've been working on my writing while searching for that illusive job.

My mother used to do all her Christmas shopping in July.

Barrie said...

Every year I tell myself that I will do my Christmas cards in August. Maybe 2009 will be the year....