Thursday, 3 July 2008

Tin Tin was never Blonde !

I've posted on my Blog before about my darling husband and the " interesting - bordering on the insane" life that we have as a family. Life is never dull and he is entirely to blame!

He will often come out with stuff and sometimes I have to do a double take as to whether or not he is actually on the same planet as me and the rest of the human race !

The other evening we were in the kitchen. I was cooking the tea and husband was wandering around " meddling".

He has a very annoying habit which drives me insane - he will fiddle with the knobs on the gas hob when I am cooking , adjusting the heat to his own specification. He will then get a sharp knife and prod cooking vegetables. He won't just prod potatoes he will actually cut them into micro size pieces.

I have asked him not to do this probably a million times over during our life time together - but it goes in one ear and out the other!

After chastising him for the one and a millionth time for potato destruction he came out with the quote of the week, " I think I'm going to dye my hair blonde!"

"What !??"

Now - husband is a 6ft 4 " real version of "TIN TIN" - complete with quiff. He doesn't have a squeeky voice and we don't own a dog - but he does look like him!




"Have you finally cracked??" I said.

The reply , " Well I've always had a secret urge to dye my hair since I was a kid , my Mum would never let me do it and if I don't do it soon I won't have enough hair left to dye"

Now it is true to say that his hair is starting to go a bit thin -so he has a point but he's 47 years old - I'm the one who's meant to be on the verge of having a mid life crisis as it's now only 46 days until I'm 40 and I'm being overshadowed by the husband !!

Any way after much teasing and hilarity I thought I would call his bluff - "OK let's do it" I said.

"We'll do it when we're on holiday - if you don't like it we'll shave it off or re dye it . We're going to Holland so you'll fit in well. It's a shame we're not going to Sweden and we could change your name to "Berk" the 5th member of Abba or may be even you could double for Dolph Lundgren".

Thinking that he would get the hint that I was not overly impressed he replied, "That's great - it will be fun !!!"

So in the next month I will enter my 4th decade of life with a cross between an Abba clone crossed with a balding Tin Tin Dolph Lundgren wanna be as a sole mate!

The only good thing that I found on a Dolph Lundgren web site when looking for a photo of him was the following entry which made me laugh! Perhaps it won't be so bad after all !!!



Mr. Lundgren's genitalia are actually much larger than pictured, but had to be digitally reduced in size in order to fit your computer.

8 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I still want to hang out with your husband. And We want pictures of the deed.

Monnik said...

That's awesome!

We totally do need pictures.

Abba and Dolph. You crack me up! :)

WordVixen said...

Omg. Hubby follows me around the kitchen (the very, very small kitchen) all the time. And then stands directly in front of anything I need. If I chase him away from the silverware drawer, he moves in front of the refridgerator. If I chase him away from the fridge, he moves in front of the sink. And then has the audacity to be hurt when I tell him to get out of my kitchen because "he was staying out of my way".

Hubby wants to dye his hair too, but he wants to dye it black. To cover up that gorgeous silver. :-( I've been talking him out of it for over a year, but I don't know how much longer it'll last. He hates the idea of having to keep it up. :)

Lyzzydee said...

Well Debs I missed this post although I was already aware of his request, I think while on holiday we should do him, perhaps with green high lights which will happen naturally with the chlorine from the pool. He will need to grow it a bit, yesterday at poundland I noticed that they had around 6 shades of Dolph, I'll get a box, Now the question is does he just want the hair on his head treated???

Barbara Martin said...

I loved the last comment. Really, great post!

Yes, we need photos. Cough 'em up.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Glad to find someone else who hasn't blogged in a few weeks!!

I read this post on Google Reader, but I can't comment from there...I need to lay off and get back to traipsing the blogs the "old fashioned way."

Can't wait for pics!

Nannysbits said...

AH but will collar and cuffs match !!!!!! I think not ha ha ha !
After he's blonde put on some Lily Allen bubblegum pink colour....

Nannysbits said...

If it does go green in the pool on holiday he'll look like one of those demented trolls you get at fun fairs!!