I've been "Tagged" by Monnik to write 6 unimportant things about myself
Anyway, here are the rules
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry.
So here goes:
1. I am very sentimental and collect things. I keep my children's photos, their teeth ( ok I mug the fairies!) cards, letters that friends have given me, flowers , you name it and I will usually find a space for it. I also admitted recently to keeping the belly button clips of my children! ( as did Lyzzy so i can't be that weird- can I ? When we moved house some years ago, I boxed up my collection and moved it with us ( not telling husband exactly what I had)it now takes up a good quarter of the loft.
2. I love the countryside and would love to own a house in the middle of a field, a farm would be even better as I'd love to have horses, dogs and chickens. When I was a child I used to write "horse" on my Christmas list every year - to no avail!
3. I can be quite impulsive and determined to achieve goals. Some years ago I wanted to do a parachute jump , shear a sheep , drive a tractor and be shot out of a cannon.
I did all of them apart from one ( damn sheep - were too quick!)
4.In my life time have seen 2 ghosts - one man dressed in what I can only describe as a shiny centurion type hat and long dark cloak - it was approx 5am on a dark rainy morning on my way to work and he was walking along an unlit road - I pulled up beside him as I thought he was going to get run over, he looked right at me and then disappeared.
The second time was more chilling as it was actually outside a cemetary at about 3am. I was with a friend sitting in a car wide awake and talking ( like you do) and a menacing grinning youth was crouching down in front of our car staring at us. My friend who was a very no nonsense sort of person screamed - "Did you see that?"
The youth was transparent but we could see him clearly for a few seconds and then he disappeared before our eyes.The street was well lit and there was no where for him to go to and our view was unobstructed at all times - spooky!!
5. When I die I was like to firstly have all my organs and bits donated to whoever wants them. I would then like to be placed in a very cheap plain chipboard coffin on which I would want my family and friends to graffitify with messages and general words of encouragement to wish me on my way. I would then be cremated and scattered from the top of a place special to me.
6.When my husband went on an important business trip once to Germany - I replaced all of his underwear with shiny spangly glittery thong pants for a joke. I also gave him some helpful German phrases so that he could introduce himself to people - these included the German for " Hello , my table has a wobbly leg". When booking the hotel - under special requests I wrote helpful comments like -please ensure he has a ground floor room as prone to sleep walking, ensure that rubber sheet is on bed at all times and if my husband turns up at the hotel with another woman please call his wife immediately! He now packs his own bag and books his own hotels.
I am now tagging Lyzzy ( I know that I am meant to tag 6 people )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
oh man. that's very interesting about the ghosts. and what you did to your husband when he went to germany is awesome!
but the coffin/graffiti idea is genius. Love. It.
That's a great list. I've never seen a ghost but I'd love to and your husband owes you one for sure.
What a colorful entry. Love the bit about "helping" your husband on his business trip. I like you already. And those ghosts...the creepiness totally came across in the post. I'm spooked!
Monnik - I might patent the graffiti coffin idea !
Travis - I think I'm always one step ahead of my husband - it's my wifely duty!
Britta - welcome to my Blog - Thanks for visiting !
Post a Comment